Danish Siddiqui, MD, FACOG
Co-Founder and CEO of Remedy Now Health Care
Danish Siddiqui is an accomplished board-certified Obstetrician Gynecologist with more than 25 years of experience. He is an academic leader, with excellent medical and surgical skills and above all an avid patient advocate.
Dr. Siddiqui is recognized as expert in the field of minimally invasive gynecology including operative hysteroscopy, complex laparoscopic and Robotic assisted surgeries. He also performs cosmetic gynecologic procedures like vaginoplasty and labiaplasty. He provides treatment for menopausal disorders, endometriosis, pelvic pain, fibroid tumors, abnormal bleeding, ovarian cysts & more.
Dr. Siddiqui specializes in the evaluation and treatment options of female sexual dysfunction including lack of libido, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse and difficulty in reaching satisfactory orgasm. Dr. Siddiqui can certainly help improve patient’s confidence, self-esteem and quality of life. While the traditional gynecologists have very limited solutions for female sexual wellness, Dr. Siddiqui, offers multiple options in terms of bioidentical hormones, Vaginal Laser, O and G shot and Emsella and much more.
After nearly two decades of caring for women, Dr. Siddiqui realized that many of his patients wanted to look and feel better about themselves through aesthetic services. With experience in minimally invasive surgeries, including robotic and laparoscopic procedures, Dr. Siddiqui expanded his medical expertise to include extensive training in aesthetic medicine.
Dr. Siddiqui provides a one of a kind and well-rounded office at RemedyNow Health Care, which offers his patients not only superior patient centered gynecologic care but also integrated aesthetics, wellness and medical services provided by a multidisciplinary team of experts. He believes there’s a strong mind-body connection: If you look better, you feel better – and you make better health decisions.
Now he and his team help patients look and feel their best with gynecologic care and the latest non-invasive aesthetic procedures for wrinkle reduction, skin tightening, customizable skin resurfacing and much more.
Well Woman Exam
Between work, family, and home, women seem to be pulled in a million directions. They tend to care for others before themselves. Dr. Siddiqui and his premium OB-GYN practice in Milwaukee and Watertown wants to make you a priority again. The well-woman exam is a comprehensive annual checkup which would include discussion about contraception, a pap smear, a pelvic exam, and a breast exam. These exams are essential as they can catch early signs of cancer or other health problems before they get out of hand. At the time of the appointment, you may also speak with your doctor about other health concerns.
Many women feel anxious about menopause. While menopause does come with some unwelcome symptoms, the good news is that these unpleasant physical and emotional changes after your period ends are manageable. Dr. Siddiqui utilizes an individualized approach in managing different symptoms in a holistic approach using both non hormonal and natural bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, to help women during menopause.
Hormonal treatment For Menopausal Symptoms
Bio identical and Natural Hormone therapy. Estrogen therapy is the most effective treatment option for relieving menopausal hot flashes. Depending on your personal and family medical history, your doctor may recommend estrogen in the lowest dose and the shortest time frame needed to provide symptom relief for you. If you still have your uterus, you’ll need progestin in addition to estrogen. Estrogen also helps prevent bone loss. Long-term use of hormone therapy may have some cardiovascular and breast cancer risks, but starting hormones around the time of menopause has shown benefits for some women. Dr. Siddiqui will discuss the benefits and risks of hormone therapy and whether it’s a safe choice for you.
Vaginal estrogen. To relieve vaginal dryness, estrogen can be administered directly to the vagina using a vaginal cream, tablet or ring. This treatment releases just a small amount of estrogen, which is absorbed by the vaginal tissues. It can help relieve vaginal dryness, discomfort with intercourse and some urinary symptoms.
Non Hormonal Treatment of Hot Flashes in Menopause
Natural and bio-identical estrogen has been used as a hormonal supplement in the treatment of menopausal symptoms. Estrogen therapy is the most effective treatment for VMS in postmenopausal women. Estrogen therapy, however is contraindicated for treatment of VMS in women with a history of breast cancer, CHD, previous venous thromboembolic events, transient ischemic attack, or stroke; unexplained vaginal bleeding; high-risk endometrial cancer; and active liver disease. For this reason, non-hormonal approaches have been considered to treat VMS in postmenopausal women.
Low-dose antidepressants. Certain antidepressants related to the class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) may decrease menopausal hot flashes. A low-dose antidepressant for management of hot flashes may be useful for women who can’t take estrogen for health reasons or for women who need an antidepressant for a mood disorder.
Gabapentin is approved to treat seizures, but it has also been shown to help reduce hot flashes. This drug is useful in women who can’t use estrogen therapy and in those who also have nighttime hot flashes.
Clonidine, a pill or patch typically used to treat high blood pressure, might provide some relief from hot flashes.
Medications to prevent or treat osteoporosis. Depending on individual needs several medications are available that help reduce bone loss and risk of fractures. Dr. Siddiqui might prescribe Calcium and vitamin D supplements to help strengthen bones.
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Dr. Siddiqui provides expert diagnosis and treatment for bleeding problems. Many women experience heavy menstrual flow but excessive bleeding is not normal.
Abnormal uterine bleeding includes one or more of these symptoms:
- Bleeding that soaks a pad or tampon every hour
- Heavy bleeding that lasts more than a week
- Bleeding between periods
- Bleeding after sex
- Bleeding after menopause (a full year of no periods)
To determine the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding, a pelvic exam is required. Dr. Siddiqui may order additional tests, including blood tests, ultrasound of the pelvic organs, or other special pelvic scope exams to view the inside of the uterus. Sometimes a biopsy of the cervix or uterine tissue is required.
Uterine bleeding treatment depends on the cause of the bleeding as well as the woman’s age and family planning goals. Most bleeding problems can be treated with medications. Observation over time is also a treatment option if no serious cause is determined.
If abnormal uterine bleeding continues despite medication therapy or a woman’s health is at risk, special interventions including surgery may be required to correct the bleeding.
Medications: Hormones and/or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications may be used for women experiencing abnormal uterine bleeding from a hormonal imbalance, uterine fibroids or endometriosis. Hormone medications come in a variety of forms: pill, patch, cream, or injectable
Surgery: If surgical intervention is required Dr. Siddiqui specializes in the minimal invasive techniques to treat abnormal bleeding. There are several minimally invasive procedures available to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. These procedures lead to faster recovery with fewer complications.
- Hysteroscopy. A procedure where Dr. Siddiqui removes atypical structures in your uterus, like fibroids and polyps.
- Robotic Myomectomy. Da Vinci Robot is utilized to remove the fibroids, while keeping your uterus intact and preserving your ability to get pregnant and have children.
- Endometrial ablation. Destroys your uterus lining through the use of a laser, heat, electricity, microwave energy or freezing. You shouldn’t have this procedure if you want to get pregnant and have children.
- Robot assisted laparoscopic Hysterectomy or Vaginal Hysterectomy. Removes your uterus utilizing the minimal invasive gynecologic procedures.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that are attached to an ovary. They are very common and often go away without treatment. However, a ruptured ovarian cyst is a medical emergency that requires immediate emergency care.
Are you living with ovarian cyst pain or discomfort? Dr.Siddiqui specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in Milwaukee and Watertown.
The use of fertility drugs can increase the risk of developing ovarian cysts. Other causes of ovarian cysts include endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Usually, ovarian cysts do not cause symptoms. Most times they are found during an imaging study, such as an ultrasound, that was performed for an unrelated reason.
When ovarian cysts do cause symptoms, they can include:
- Abdominal pain (may be dull or sharp)
- Feeling as if you need to urinate or pass a bowel movement
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain during intercourse
Ovarian cysts are rarely cancerous.
Your treatment options depend on the type of cyst, it’s size, and whether it is causing pain or other issues. Common treatments include:
- Birth control pills. These medications can help stop the formation of new cysts, but do not treat existing ones.
- Monitoring. Most cysts go away without treatment. If a cyst isn’t causing pain or other symptoms, your doctor may recommend checking it with ultrasound every few months until it is gone.
- Surgery. Cysts are removed surgically if they cause pain, continue to grow, or don’t go away over time. Doctors can usually remove the cyst through a small incision in the abdomen without removing the rest of the ovary. If the cyst could be cancerous or is very large, one or both ovaries may need to be removed.
Uterine fibroids are growths on the wall of the uterus. They are usually noncancerous (benign) but can cause uncomfortable symptoms.
If you’re living with fibroids, Dr. Siddiqui can help you understand your options for fibroid removal in Milwaukee and Watertown area. He provides personalized, convenient, and efficient service with state-of-the-art technology
Uterine fibroids can cause bothersome and uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- Frequent urination
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Pain, including pain during sex
Fibroid removal can improve quality of life by relieving symptoms. Fibroids can be removed if they cause:
- Bleeding between periods
- Heavy menstrual bleeding that interferes with activity
- Significant pain
The most common methods of fibroid removal are as follows:
- Removal of certain kind of fibroids found within the cavity of the uterus can be performed using hysteroscope.
- Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the entire uterus. A woman can’t have children after a hysterectomy. Techniques include robotic assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy (via a few tiny incisions in the belly), abdominal hysterectomy (via an incision in the belly), and vaginal hysterectomy (via small incisions in the vagina). This surgery is always performed in an operating room.
- Myomectomy is surgical removal of fibroids. Dr. Siddiqui removes the fibroids through an incision in the abdomen using robotic assisted laparoscopy. The procedure is performed in an operating room. You will go home the same day or spend a few days in the hospital, depending on the extent of the procedure.
- Uterine fibroid embolization shrinks fibroids by blocking blood flow to them.
Chronic Pelvic Pain
It is estimated that one in three women suffer from some kind of chronic pelvic pain. Pelvic pain can affect women at any age, or during any stage of life.
Dr. Siddiqui is dedicated to helping women experiencing pelvic pain and are looking for answers. We are committed to finding the cause of your pain, then treating it and restoring your quality of life.
Pelvic pain can be caused by many different conditions, and often more than one.
Common causes of pelvic pain include:
- Bowel disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, rectal prolapse or incontinence
- Interstitial cystitis, or painful bladder syndrome
- Pain in the vulva or vestibule
- Painful intercourse and vaginismus
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Post-cancer treatment disorders due to chemotherapy, breast reconstruction
- Postpartum issues such as abdominal separation or scar tissue
- Post-surgical treatment disorders for cancers of the ovaries, cervix, uterus or colon
We begin by taking a thorough medical history with each patient, coupled with a physical exam and imaging techniques.
For many women, the source of their pelvic pain is complex and not immediately obvious. We work with patients to analyze the cause of the problem in depth.
In addition to traditional medicinal and surgical treatments, Dr. Siddiqui offers:
- Physical therapy
- Naturalistic approaches such as acupuncture
- Customized medication regimens
Female Sexual Wellness
Your sexual wellness has an impact on your overall quality of life. Sexual-wellness issues affect both men and women and range from erectile dysfunction to vaginal atrophy. Nearly 1:2 women experience sexual distress. Unfortunately, many individuals feel uncomfortable bringing up problems regarding their sexual wellness with their physicians. Only 10% of women present their complaints to their providers. Many health care providers are also uncomfortable asking their patients about sexual wellness. This may be due to a variety of reasons, including a lack of adequate knowledge and training in diagnosis and management, inadequate clinical time to address the issue, and an underestimation of the prevalence.
At RemedNow Health Care in Milwaukee, Thiensville and Watertown, Dr. Siddiqui will do a comprehensive evaluation of your presenting complaint and provide an integrated personalized treatment options ranging from hormonal replacement therapy, compounded bioidentical hormones, vaginal laser, PRF O and G shots, vaginal laser and Emsella.
Conditions we treat:
- Vaginal dryness
- Decreased desire and libido
- Difficulty in achieving orgasm
- Virginal and pelvic pain during intercourse
Female Sexual Wellness Program options include:
- Bioidentical hormones replacement
- Low Libido and Arousal treatment
- O and G shot
- Diva Vaginal laser
What are the Benefits of Female Sexual Wellness Programs?
Changes in sexual desire, performance, and behavior are all-natural occurrences that both men and women can face. Women may struggle with low libido and poor lubrication resulting in painful intercourse, or urinary incontinence which leaves them avoiding intercourse altogether.
Not only can these issues be frustrating but can also hinder intimate relationships.
Research shows a wholistic approach including integrative, functional, and regenerative practices provides the best results. This approach coupled with state-of-the-art regenerative procedures may even eliminate the need for some common over the counter medications taken today.
Don’t let these issues continue to stand in the way of the best experience for you and your partner. It’s time to treat your sexual health with the same amount of concern as you do your body. Reawaken your sex drive and talk to us today about the benefits of a Sexual Wellness Program.
7001 South Howell Ave
Oak Creek, WI, 53154
136 North Main Street
Thiensville, WI 53092
Center for Women’s Health
128 Hospital Drive
Watertown, WI 53098
Hours of Office:
M-F. Some Saturdays as well.
Appointments only. Call to make an appointment